Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Overture Center for the Arts. Overture uses a 3rd party software system called Better Impact (www.myimpactpage.com) to assist with management and scheduling of it's volunteers. Please create and remember your username and password to complete an application. This information will be used to create your volunteer profile. After you complete training, you will use this username and password to sign up for events.
Volunteer ushers will be looked to for guidance during an emergency and are representatives of Overture Center to the public. Ushers interactions with guests are extremely important. It is due to this reason all Ushers must be prepared to meet the following qualifications:
- Attend two training sessions in full. (1 for New ushers & 1 for Current Ushers)
- Provide friendly customer service with a smile.
- Be knowledgeable about theater policy and not afraid to enforce it.
- Be able to stand for up to one or more hours.
- Be capable of easily navigating stairways and provide leadership and direction in the event of an emergency.
- Work in darkened conditions with fluctuating audio and lighting levels.
- Commit to working a minimum of 2 shows per month.
- Be dependable and punctual.
- Adhere to the dress code.
- Communicate using email.
- Sign-up online using a volunteer scheduling system on your computer.
- Understand you are responsible for parking fees and transportation costs.
Space is limited in the volunteer usher program. Those of under-represented demographics are encouraged to apply.