Although volunteers are not paid, volunteer commitments are taken just as seriously as the commitment of paid staff members. We really appreciate your time, enthusiasm, energy and support! We expect volunteers to treat their work at the Arts Club like any regular paying job.
Volunteer responsibilities include:
- Understanding and being committed to the mission and guiding principles of the Arts Club.
- Reading, being familiar with, and adhering to the policies of the volunteer program.
- Recognizing that volunteer commitment is a significant responsibility.
- Striving to achieve the highest quality, effectiveness, and dignity of volunteer work.
- Requesting assistance, training, and or supervision when uncertain or unable to carry out duties to a high level of efficiency and quality.
- Providing feedback to assist in the continued quality improvement of the organization.
- Contributing to a welcoming, safe working environment by demonstrating respect and fair treatment without regard to gender, place of origin, sexual orientation, age, religion, skin colour, functional needs, or economic status and refraining from the use of profane, insulting, harassing, or otherwise offensive language.
- Arriving on time to volunteer commitments and behaving in a professional manner.
- We count on you to attend your shift! If you are unable to make a shift, please contact Teddy Forsyth, Executive Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 604-687-5315 x 249 at least 48 hours before your scheduled shift.