We take the protection of your personal information seriously. You can find the SDNPA Data Protection Statement here.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the South Downs National Park Authority (SDNPA).
The SDNPA values and appreciates you volunteering with us. We are committed to do the best we can to make your volunteering experience a positive and rewarding one. This document expresses our commitment to you and what we ask from you in return. It applies to all members of the South Downs Volunteer Ranger Service (VRS) and any other volunteer working directly to the South Downs National Park Authority.
The SDNPA will:
- Welcome you as a volunteer and provide appropriate opportunities for you to contribute to the Purposes of the South Downs National Park
- Ensure you have appropriate induction, training and equipment for the work you are doing
- Give guidance and support your development in your volunteer role
- Treat you and all volunteers equally, fairly and with respect
- Ensure you have a safe working environment so far as is reasonably practicable
- Listen to your concerns and respond accordingly if things aren’t going right
- Recognise you are a volunteer and have other commitments
In return we ask you to:
- Agree to fulfil any minimum time commitment for the role(s) you are performing
- Undertake all training required for the role
- Always act with regard for the Purposes of the South Downs National Park and the Duty in furtherance of those purposes of the South Downs National Park Authority
- Be considerate, fair and respectful to everyone you encounter in your role(s)
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures, available on the SDNPA intranet, including Clothing Provision, Responsibilities, Risk Assessments and other Health and Safety requirements, ensuring any accidents or near misses are recorded
- Inform us if you need or wish to stop or suspend your volunteering, or of any change to your health and circumstances that may affect your fulfilment of your volunteering role(s)
- Talk to your volunteer colleagues and staff first if you have a problem