This Volunteer Agreement is a description of the arrangement between us, North Paddington Food bank (NPFB) and you (the volunteer) in relation to your voluntary work. The intention of this agreement is to assure you that we appreciate your volunteering with us and to indicate our commitment to do the best we can to make your volunteer experience with us a positive and rewarding one, whilst also ensuring that volunteers are committed to following the guidelines set out by NPFB.
Part 1 NPFB
We, NPFB, accept your voluntary service.
This work as a volunteer is designed to help in the provision of food and essentials packages, alongside any further appropriate support to people who are in need of it.
We commit to the following:
1. Induction and training
- To provide thorough induction on the work of NPFB, its staff, your volunteering role and the training necessary to assist you in meeting the responsibilities of your volunteering role. Training may not always be scheduled, so can be arranged individually or as part of a group, just contact the manager on email@example.com if you would like training or a refresher. New ideas on what training you would like are welcome. The Volunteers Handbook provides full details of the organisation.
2. Supervision, support and flexibility
- To define appropriate standards of our services, to communicate them to you, and to encourage and support you to achieve and maintain them as part of your voluntary work
- To provide a personal supervisor (usually the food bank manager) who will meet with you regularly to discuss your volunteering and any associated problems. Your supervisor will endeavour to arrange such discussions, but if they have not been forthcoming and you have things you would like to discuss, just get in touch and a discussion can be arranged.
- To do our best to help you develop your volunteering role with us and to be flexible in how you volunteer based on your circumstances, needs and aims.
- To offer you the support of the service, should you need it and follow the referral procedure set out for those who require food and essentials packages.
- To reimburse the following expenses incurred by you in doing your voluntary work in accordance with the procedures set out in NPFB’s expenses policy:
-Travel to and from home to collections and during your work as necessary: see the Volunteer Handbook for rules relating to methods of travel and mileage allowances for use of a car
- Meal allowance to a maximum of £5 with a receipt (to be eligible for lunch allowance you must work around mealtimes or for a minimum of 5 hours a day).
4. Health and safety
- To provide adequate training and feedback in support of our health and safety policy, a summary of which is set out in the volunteer handbook.
- To ensure that all volunteers are able to work safely and comfortably, in accordance with the organisations safeguarding policies and that any safeguarding concerns are dealt with fairly and in the interest of the person raising it.
- To provide adequate insurance cover for volunteers whilst undertaking voluntary work approved and authorised by us.
7. Equal opportunities
- To ensure that all volunteers are dealt with in accordance with our equal opportunities policy, a summary of which is set out in the Volunteers Handbook.
- To endeavour to resolve in a fair and just manner any problems, grievances or difficulties which may be encountered while you volunteer with us;
- In the event of an unresolved problem, to offer an opportunity to discuss the issues in accordance with the procedures set out in the Volunteers Handbook.
Part 2 The volunteer
I agree to be a volunteer with NPFB and commit to the following:
- To help NPFB fulfil its service functions
- To perform my volunteering role to the best of my ability
- To adhere to the organisation’s rules, procedures and standards, including health and safety procedures and its equal opportunities policy in relation to its staff, volunteers and clients.
- To maintain the confidential information of the organisation and of its clients.
- To meet the time commitments and standards undertaken, other than in exceptional circumstances, and provide reasonable notice so that alternative arrangement can be made.
- To provide referees, as agreed, who may be contacted, and to agree to a police check being carried out where necessary.
NPFB stores all personal contact information in line with its own data protection policy and appropriate data protection laws in the UK and Europe (GDPR). By signing this agreement, you also agree to our storing of your personal information. A copy of our data protection policy can be accessed on request from the manager.
This agreement is binding in honour only, is not intended to be legally binding contract between us and may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party. Neither of us intends any employment relationship to be created either now or at any time in the future as a result of this agreement.