What is Expected of All Volunteers:
- A registration donation of $25.00 made payable to the Atlantic Marine Conservation Society
- Attend one beach cleanup and training per month.
- Successful completion of Volunteer Orientation
- Compliance with the policies and procedures
- Behave in a professional and courteous manner at all times, avoiding conversation topics that might isolate, discriminate against or make other individuals feel uncomfortable
- Proper uniform attire worn at all times while volunteering
- Must commit to a volunteer schedule but be flexibility in specific volunteer assignments
- Ability to work independently and as a team under potentially stressful conditions
What is Expected of Volunteers Under 18 Years of Age:
- 12-15 year olds can attend a volunteer orientation with their parent
- A parent/guardian must be present for every volunteer shift until the junior volunteer is at least 15 years old
- 16 and 17 year olds will need their parent to sign a liability form prior to the orientation but will not need a chaperone to attend an orientation or be present while volunteering
- Anyone under 18 years old is not to volunteer hands on animal positions.
- Opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding life experiences which offer personal enrichment
- Training materials and unlimited learning opportunities offering the ability to acquire new skills and knowledge
I fully understand that I am responsible for meeting the criterion listed above in order to remain a volunteer with the Atlantic Marine conservation Society. I also acknowledge that I will be entitled only to the above benefits as a reward for my active volunteer status. I do not expect any monetary compensation for the services I am providing and authorize Atlantic Marine Conservation Society to use, display, and/or publish any photographs/videos of myself while volunteering.