Dear %%1 ,
Thank you for submitting an application to become a ZooTeen at Zoo Boise!
ZooTeens focus on conservation education for Zoo Boise visitors by assisting with summer camps for children, providing informal educational presentations for zoo visitors, and assisting in the operation of seasonal exhibits. A minimum of 48 hours per summer (June, July and August) is required.
140 individuals will be accepted into the program based on the application and an interview. This includes returning ZooTeens from 2016.
As part of the application, all applicants are required to submit the following:
Make sure to:
- Submit a reference. Ask a teacher, coach, club leader, counselor, or employer (not a relative or neighbor) to complete the attached reference form. Give them as much time as possible. It will help if you attach a stamped envelope addressed to Friends of Zoo Boise - ZooTeen Program. Make sure to follow up with them! (Reference letter must be the Zoo Boise provided form).
- Complete your application. Your application is not considered completed until you have filled out all online fields, and we have received the reference form . You will not be granted an interview if you have an incomplete application. Faxes will not be accepted.
- Attend a Preview Hour. You and a parent/guardian are required to attend one ZooTeen Preview Hour to learn more and ask questions about the ZooTeen program. Teens that do not attend a Preview Hour will not be accepted in the program. Attending the preview hour will help you make the decision on whether or not this program is right for you and will help keep your parents informed. Preview hours will be held:
March 14th: 6:00PM-7:00PM
March 20th: 6:00PM-7:00PM
March 22nd: 6:00PM-7:00PM
If selected, you are expected to:
- Participate in all aspects of the program
- Attend all training sessions (June 4th and 5th for 2017)
- Pay a $100.00 tuition. If you are unable to pay and need to apply for a scholarship, please email: email@example.com for an application. (Available after acceptance).
- Wear the Zoo Boise ZooTeen uniform (Shirt provided at orientation)
- Work at least one half-day shift (9:15am - 1:15pm and 12:45pm - 4:45pm) each week during the summer months of June, July, and August (total of 48 hours after training). Teens that sign up to help with camps will volunteer from 8am - 5pm.
- Get updated on tetanus shots; see “Medical Information and Release"
- Submit a negative TB test at own expense. (Due after acceptance)
- Submit both the waiver and medical form. (This will be provided after acceptance).
If you meet all the qualifications for an interview, you will be contacted in April with information to set up an interview.