Nehemiah Center Guidelines
- Be on time- If you will be absent or late please notify us at 713-526-5015 (Please leave a message).
- Stay with your student at all times.
- We expect all volunteers to be dressed in a modest, respectful way. No low cut shirts, short shorts and no muscle tees.
- Please report any injury or sickness as soon as possible to the designated Nehemiah Center employee.
- Absolutely NO cellphones during volunteer time. Please excuse yourself from the area if you need to make an emergency/important call.
- Stay with you assigned student and/or small group at ALL times on the playground, in the activity room and on field trips.
- Please be mindful that the playground area is restricted for some students. For example, Kindergarten through 2nd grade are not allowed to play in the vacant lot.
- Socializing in a group or among other volunteers that is not beneficial to your assigned student and/or small group is not encouraged.
- Please do not let the children play in your hair, paint nails, ect.
- Please do not display preferential treatment to the children.
- Please do not bring selected students snacks or candy.
- Always tell your assigned student and/or small group goodbye when you leave.
- You will be responsible for light maintenance such as: cleaning tables, sweeping floors, taking out the trash and cleaning up activity area after projects.
Thank you for being a volunteer this summer! We appreciate all you do for the children at Nehemiah Center!