Australia Zoo Terms and Conditions
Australia Zoo - Terms and Conditions
1. You must include a current resume/CV with your application. Your application will not be processed unless you provide a resume. Your resume should include your employment history, skills and any work and volunteer experience.
2. Due to the large volume of applicants, Australia Zoo reserves the right to select the most suitable individuals for volunteer positions. Australia Zoo strives to provide the best quality service to our visitors and we reserve the right to terminate a volunteer at the end of their probation (or at any time during or after the probation period). PLEASE NOTE: There is no guarantee of employment on completion of your voluntary experience.
3. All international applicants will be required to provide a copy of their visa prior to confirmation of their position. Due to Immigration regulations, not all visas ensure eligibility to volunteer.
4. By acknowledging these terms, you declare that: ‘I have completed these forms myself and declare that all the information included herein is correct to the best of my knowledge’.
5. Australia Zoo and Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital have an obligation to have a safe workplace and not to place at risk the health or safety of any people in the workplace. Australia Zoo and Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital have a Substance Abuse Policy and will strive to eliminate risks in the workplace resulting from the inappropriate use of alcohol and other drugs.
6. We commit to providing a professional, safe and healthy working environment for all.
• The possession and consumption of alcohol and other drugs is prohibited at work.
• You are expected to report to work in a condition capable of safely carrying out your required tasks.
• If you are considered to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs you will be prevented from commencing work.
• You may be subject to alcohol or drug testing – participation is compulsory.
• Drugs prescribed by a doctor and to be taken during working hours are to be cleared through your supervisor.
• Violation of this policy is a disciplinary matter and may result in your dismissal.
8. All Volunteers will comply with all Workplace Policies and Procedures determined by the Employer from time to time. Failure to comply with these policies may result in disciplinary action being taken which may include termination of your volunteering.