Volunteer Code Of Conduct
Music and Beyond is committed to providing a comprehensive range of musical and other artistic experiences to as wide a public as possible. Its vision is one of excellence and innovation. A part of our commitment to excellence is our dedication to treat our volunteers, sponsors, donors and employees with respect. In addition, we have an expectation that our volunteers, sponsors, donors and employees treat one another in the same manner.
Music and Beyond holds the right to discontinue the volunteer relationship, if any of the behaviors below are breached. Please read thoroughly and understand that we want to preserve a respectful, lighthearted and fun experience for all individuals involved with our organization.
- If you are unable to attend an event you signed up for please notify the Volunteer Coordinator 48 hours before the event so that a replacement can be found.
- Make every effort to arrive at your scheduled time.
- If you have been asked to perform a particular task that is beyond your physical limits please speak to the house manager or Music and beyond staff and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Working together to complete tasks is the easiest way for all volunteers to enjoy their experience. If you have concerns please speak to the volunteer coordinator or staff member in confidence, not directly to individuals you may be having concerns with.
- We ask that any electronic devices be on vibrate during your volunteer shift; this way the performance and the patrons are not disturbed. If you need to answer your phone please leave the concert area.
- Due to copyright constraints and the comfort and safety of the performers, usage of recording and/or photography equipment is strictly prohibited unless express consent has been given.
- Consumption of illegal or controlled substances is strictly prohibited on the grounds or surrounding event areas. Tobacco products are limited to areas designated, and in compliance with municipal by-laws.
- A harassment free environment is crucial in our commitment to you as volunteers and patrons. If you encounter an issue please speak to a Music and Beyond staff member as soon as possible
- The event venues are not the property of Music and Beyond and as such should be treated respectfully and with care. Due diligence is required to prevent property damage, and any incidence of damage or theft should be reported immediate to Music and Beyond staff.
- Speak to the House Manager if the artist(s) ask any questions.
- The service provider expressly covenants and does agree that he/she will not, at any time during the period of engagement and at all times subsequent to it, reveal, divulge, or make known to any third party, firm or corporation and of the proprietary, confidential and private information to which he/she has been privy.
- Respect for each other also extends to respecting individual’s personal property