Confucius Institute - Volunteer Agreement
This agreement is between the University of Adelaide and the volunteer applicant completing this online application form
The terms of the agreement are as follows:
- The volunteer agrees to undertake tasks as outlined in their Role Description in consultation with and under the supervision of University staff.
- The volunteer agrees to attend an induction and all training sessions relating to their volunteering role.
- The volunteer agrees to follow all instructions in relation to the preservation and protection of University records and property.
- The volunteer agrees to provide reasonable notice if they are unable to fulfil their volunteering role.
- The volunteer agrees to respect the privacy of individuals, including other volunteers, whose Personal Information may be contained in University records which are accessible. All information received during the course of the volunteer’s work will be treated as confidential by the volunteer and not disclosed to external sources.
- The volunteer agrees to follow instructions in accordance with the University’s Health Safety and Wellbeing Policy and complete the relevant HSW Training and Induction for their volunteer role.
- The volunteer agrees to report any accident, incident or injury to their Volunteer Coordinator or supervising University of Adelaide staff member immediately.
- The University of Adelaide retains the ownership of and copyright in all material produced and created by the volunteer in fulfilling the tasks of their volunteering role.
- The volunteer is indemnified for approved activities under the University’s Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance policies for any loss, damage or injury that is caused to a third party arising out of the act or omission on the part of a volunteer regardless of their age. The volunteer is covered by the Volunteer Personal Accident Policy up until the age of 85.
- The volunteer’s service is not remunerated. The role will not be used to displace any employee or to staff a position which is a normal part of the University’s workforce.
- The volunteer agrees to abide by policies and procedures as defined by the University Volunteer Policy and outlined in the Volunteers’ Handbook.
- The volunteer agrees to observe all legal requirements. This includes obligations under the Independent Commissioner against Corruption Act 2012. The University is a Public Authority under the Act; Volunteers are Public Officers and must report to the Office for Public Integrity any activity they reasonably suspect to be corruption, misconduct or maladministration in public administration.
- The volunteer agrees to obtain a National Police Certificate and/or Working with Children Check if the volunteering role requires doing so.
- The volunteer agrees to undertake a probationary period of one month from commencement date.