Island Health Volunteer Commitment and Understandings
In applying to be an Island Health Volunteer:
- I commit to volunteer regularly (typically 2-4 hours each week for 6 months - vacations can be accommodated).
- I consent to a Ministry of Public Service criminal record check, including a vulnerable sector check (instructions will be provided).
- I commit to completing online training (2 - 4 hours) and further onsite training.
- I understand volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- I understand volunteers are required to get an annual flu shot or wear a mask during flu season (Dec to April).
- I understand volunteers should have spoken English (ESL level 6 minimum).
Better Impact Privacy Statement
MyImpactPage is a web-based Volunteer Management System managed by Island Health’s Volunteer Resources and Engagement Team and hosted by Better Impact. The personal information collected by Island Health from you is collected under the authority of section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act [FIPPA] and will be used to manage and coordinate your volunteer activities with Island health including processing your application, assigning you to an activity/location, scheduling volunteer shifts and providing you with access to online training.
From time to time, Island Health may communicate with you electronically through the MyImpactPage application. This functionality uses the third party services of Twillio to send emails to you. When this occurs your name, email address, IP address and the subject line of your email will be stored in the United States (US) for approximately 30 days. During this time, the information may be subject to US laws and regulations. Accordingly we will not include any Personal Information in the subject line of emails transmitted to you. For the greatest clarity, the content of emails or any of your personal information entered into MyImpactPage will be stored only within Canada. By creating an account, you are consenting to the storage of your name, email address, email subject line and IP address in the United States as described above.
If you have questions pertaining to this, please contact Volunteer@IslandHealth.ca. If you have general questions about the collection of your personal information at Island Health, please contact Privacy@IslandHealth.ca.