We are very excited that you would like to join our team! As part of the requirements for working with the public and vulnerable people, we have to cover a few bases to make sure we have everything organized for you to begin volunteering. Please read the information and policies below, and fill out the following registration form as fully as you can.
By clicking the box below you agree to all of the policies outlined below.
You agree to:
- abide by the policies and procedures of the Kamloops ESS Team, including the completion of a Police Information and Vulnerable Sector Check
- to attend scheduled orientation and training sessions
- to attend pre-shift briefings during response on time
- notify the appropriate person if you are no longer able to volunteer for a shift, or in general
- hold all information and details learned through ESS confidential, unless expressly given permission to share publicly
We agree to:
- provide you with choice of assignments and scheduled shifts when possible
- provide you with required orientation, training and practice sessions, and guidance
Please read the following policies. You will be required to sign them when we meet in person.
Photo/Media Release **Completing the photo release is not a condition of volunteering for the ESS team. This form is to identify who is/is not comfortable with their photos being taken.
Please read the notes below before continuing.
Volunteers are responsible for providing their own transportation to meetings, training and call outs. All efforts are made to ensure that all locations are accessible by public transit, however, alternate transportation plans are encouraged in the event that a scene or ESS response location is not accessible by public transit.
Collection of Contact information
The City of Kamloops collects the personal information of volunteers like yourself for the purpose of communicating to you information about volunteer opportunities, scheduling and other updates. This information is collected by the City of Kamloops under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (British Columbia) for the purposes of creating a volunteer platform and database.
By moving forward with your application, you acknowledge and consent to the collection and use by the City of Kamloops of your personal information for these purposes.
Should you have any questions about the collection of this personal information please contact the Community Development and Emergency Support Services Coordinator, 910 McGill Road, Kamloops BC, V2C 6N6, 250-828-3850.