- Volunteers must be 12 years of age or older. Youth volunteers must submit a signed parental consent form.
- Captains and Team Leaders will require a Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check. Checks will be considered eligible for two years. In off years we will require a disclosure letter. This requirement is irrespective of professional background, community ties or the number of years you have volunteered with the Festival, and it is not optional.
- Volunteers are required to work a minimum of six hours over the course of Festival week.
- Volunteer shifts and placements are subject to change (notice will be given whenever possible).
- Volunteers shall wear their Festival ID tags and T-shirts at all times during their volunteer shifts.
- The use of cigarettes, alcohol or illegal substances is forbidden onsite.
- The personal use of cell phones for phone calls, texting or entertainment is not permitted during a volunteer shift.
- Volunteers shall portray a positive Festival image to the public.
- Volunteers shall treat other volunteers, performers, staff and the public with dignity and respect.
- Volunteers shall complete their duties to the best of their abilities and ask for help when necessary
- There may be additional screening required for some volunteer positions.
I understand that the City of St. Albert or its representatives may remove me from this volunteer position at any time and for any reason, without notice or compensation. I understand and agree that all tasks I perform in this volunteer position will be undertaken by me voluntarily, and on the understanding that I will not hold the City of St. Albert liable for any injury, loss, damage or expense which I may sustain during my activities as a volunteer.
I hereby agree to be a Children’s Festival volunteer for the City of St. Albert if selected by the City or its representatives. I understand that this is strictly a volunteer position involving no payment from the City (either salary or reimbursement of expenses). As such I will not, by virtue of this volunteer position be considered an employee, contractor or agent of the City of St. Albert.