headspace Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) volunteer information
Volunteer opportunities to join the headspace Elsternwick Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) are open from Tuesday January 11th to Friday February 11th.
- Be 18 - 25 years of age.
- Passionate about youth mental health and the issues affecting youth mental health in your local community.
- Live in the Port Phillip, Glen Eira, Stonnington, Bayside or Kingston areas.
- Be able to attend fortnightly meetings for a minimum 1 year commitment (currently scheduled for Thursdays).
- Currently hold and/or be willing to obtain a Working With Children Check and Police Check.
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per headspace Alfred Health Policy.
With the opportunity to be heard and to take action to improve the mental health and wellbeing of young people, YAC volunteers have the ability to:
- Be part of a team of passionate youth mental health advocates
- Contribute towards important decisions being made at the Elsternwick centre
- Lead community events and activities
- Lead and participate in diverse and exciting projects
- Create and engage with social media campaigns
- Participate in public speaking and spaces to safely share your story
- Engage in professional development and receive ongoing support
We welcome and celebrate young people from diverse backgrounds!
We highly encourage you to apply if you:
- Have a lived experience of mental health challenges and accessing support
- Are part of the LGBTIQA+ community
- Are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Have a refugee or migrant background
- Have accessed headspace services before
- Have experienced barriers when accessing mental health support
A complete position description can be found here.
To apply, please create a Better Impact account below. You will then be taken through a series of questions - allow some time (up to 30 minutes) to complete these. Once you have completed your application, we will be in touch via email or phone very soon!
If you have any questions about the role or the recruitment process, please contact Bridie Mannion (she/her), the Community Awareness Officer for headspace Elsternwick at firstname.lastname@example.org