Key Volunteering Information
- We value a diverse team! Expect to volunteer with many different people from different backgrounds.
- We do most correspondence via email, please ensure to enter an email you use often. You can call us at 604-451-6606 if you have questions about this.
- Commitment: at this time, we just ask for a minimum of a single two hour shift in 365 days. Some roles will require more commitment which will be made clear to you when you start the role (for example, a minimum of six shifts over three months).
- Some roles will require screening, including participating in an interview and attending training. These roles may also require that you are willing to obtain a criminal record check and sign a contract upon acceptance.
- Communication: for all positions that interact with the public, you must feel comfortable speaking English. Volunteers are expected to actively start conversations with visitors (Beachkeepers, Hosts, some Special Event volunteers, some Park Association volunteers, etc.).
- All data is stored in Canada. If you have questions or concerns, email firstname.lastname@example.org