No experience is needed to become a foster, but we do have some guidelines.
- You must be at least 18 years old to become a foster.
- OPK Fosters are the property of Operation Kindness until the adoption process is completed and the adoption fee is paid.
- While Operation Kindness takes reasonable care to screen animals for foster placement, it makes no guarantee relating to the animals' health or behavior. I understand that I receive foster animals at my own risk and do not hold Operation Kindness responsible for any property, Injuries, personal damage, or illness caused by Operation Kindness foster animals.
- Animals are indoors, a safe clean environment; a fenced-in yard; if applicable, able to care for animals in a multi-animal environment; a sterile area for animals with specific medical issues.
- The duration of foster time is at Operation Kindness' sole discretion.
- Veterinary care will be provided through Operation Kindness and all outside treatment (even for emergencies) must have prior approval from Operation Kindness's Foster Team.
- Operation Kindness will not be held liable or financially responsible for any damage or injury caused by the foster animal(s) to any property, any individual, or to any animal.
- Certain materials may be loaned to you and will be returned to Operation Kindness when I return the animal(s) back to the shelter.
- A foster animal can be returned to Operation Kindness if they are not a good fit for my household.