No experience needed to become a foster, but we do have some guidelines.
- You must be at least 18 years old to become a foster.
- Animals are indoors, a safe clean environment; a fenced-in yard; if applicable, able to care for animals in multi-animal environment; a sterile area for animals with specific medical issues.
- Veterinary care must be approved by Operation Kindness prior to treatment.
- Operation Kindness will not be held liable or financially responsible for any damage or injury caused by the foster animal(s) to any property, any individual, or to any animal.
- Anyone interested in adopting foster animals must go through the standard Operation Kindness adoption process and there will be a minimum adoption fee regardless of any money spent while the animal was in foster care.
- Fosters are the property of Operation Kindness until they are officially adopted.
- Certain materials may be loaned to you and will be returned to Operation Kindness when I return the animal(s) back to the shelter.
- While Operation Kindness takes reasonable care to screen animals for foster placement, it makes no guarantee relating to the animals' health or behavior. I understand that I receive foster animals at my own risk and do not hold Operation Kindness responsible for any property, personal damage, or illness caused by Operation Kindness foster animals.
- A foster animal can be returned to Operation Kindness if they are not a good fit for my household.
- I agree to use Operation Kindness' emergency contact numbers noted on the Emergency Contact sheet (to be provided once approved). If I reach a voice mail, I will leave a message and call the next person noted on the list until I speak with someone.