Volunteer Policies and Agreements
1. Criteria: You are over age 12, willing to work with children and adults with special needs, and able to walk for 3 hours (and occasionally jog) on uneven footing.
2. Orientation: You must attend an orientation before you are able to assist in classes. These are held prior to each new session starting.
3. Class Roles: Each trained volunteer begins as a sidewalker directly assisting our riders in our program. After volunteering for a session or upon invitation, you may attend a leader training to be evaluated to lead our horses.
4. Scheduling and Communication: Our program depends on the participation and reliability of our volunteers. If you cannot attend a scheduled day, we ask that you let us know at least 24 hours in advance so that we can find a substitute for your role.
5. Behavior: Maintain courteous behavior with all staff, students, families, other volunteers and horses. Foul language is not tolerated. Volunteers must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. For further explanation on our policies and procedures, please refer to our Volunteer Training Manual.
6. Facility Rules: There is no smoking on any Banbury Cross property including in your vehicle. Speed limit on the grounds is 10 mph or less.
7. Proper Attire: Closed toed shoes must be worn at all times. Appropriate clothing must be worn (nothing too revealing-remember your riders are above you!)