Hometown Holiday Celebration Volunteer Policy
Thank you for agreeing to be a volunteer for the Hometown Holiday Celebration (HHC). In the interest of making this a fun and effective experience for you, event participants, and the HHC event staff, we hope you can agree to the following items.
1. Maintain a professional and friendly attitude throughout your time at the event while on duty, on break, or enjoying the event before or after your shift. Once you are seen as an HHC volunteer, the public will see you as such throughout the event.
2. Remain flexible. You may be reassigned to other duties based on event needs. The more flexible you are, the better we can serve the event participants, vendors, and community members.
3. Communicate. If you have questions, complete tasks, or would just like to know what more you can do, feel free to let an event staff person know at any time.
4. Keep phone use to a minimum while on duty. Excessive texting, phone calls, and the like can contribute to the public, event staff, vendors, and community members perceiving volunteers as unprofessional and/or negligent.
5. Please understand that volunteers may be relieved of duty if event staff feel that volunteers are acting outside of the professional, attentive, effective, and friendly intention of the HHC event. In this case, volunteers will be asked to hand in any event supplies, equipment, and identification assigned to them specifically for the event.
The health and safety of our community is our highest priority. All Library and Recreation Department staff, volunteers and participants are required to follow all state and county health department guidelines. By participating in this event you agree to follow all guidelines that are in place at the time of the event.