Community Service Agreement and Release of Liability
Thank you for your interest in completing Court Ordered Community Service with us! Please read the policy below before applying.
Procedure for Community Service
Every time you come in and leave, you must check in with your worksite supervisor and sign into the Community Service Hours Tracker. If these are not completed, your hours will not be able to be verified. Your worksite supervisor is the only staff who can verify your hours on any forms you need signed.
When you check in, you will be given tasks to complete around the building. The following are examples of some tasks you may be completing:
- Cleaning cages, runs, and silvers ⃝ Doing laundry and dishes
- Sweeping and mopping ⃝ Sorting donations
Community Service volunteers do not interact with the pets.
Protocol for Community Service
- If you choose to not show up for your scheduled shift, or perform your appointed tasks, you will no longer be able to complete Community Service hours with Circle of Friends.
- You must be wearing close-toed shoes and long pants.
- We are a tobacco free facility and any use of tobacco products on site will end your ability to receive community service hours from us.
- Cell Phone use is not allowed while doing hours in shelter.
- The Circle of Friends reserves the right to discontinue Community Service Hours for any infractions of the above rules, behavioral concerns, dishonesty on forms or verbally with our staff, or a consistent lack of dependability.
After applying, please check you email and complete your next steps in order for your application to be approved. If the steps have not been completed 30 days after applying, your application will be denied.