Paws and Read Volunteer Agreement and Release of Liability
As a Circle of Friends Animal Shelter Paws and Read volunteer, you will be expected to:
- Respect staff, pets, fellow volunteers, and visitors of Circle of Friends Animal Shelter
- Follow any rules and signage posted on animal cages and/or around the shelter
- Use soft, calm voices when reading and interacting with pets
- Arrive promptly for all scheduled Paws and Read shifts and notify the Outreach Coordinator if you will be late or unable to complete your shift
- Utilize the Paws and Read shifts to focus on reading calmly and quietly to pets
Release of Liability
- I agree to release, discharge, and indemnify and hold the shelter harmless for any and all damage to my personal property while performing my volunteer services.
- I recognize that in handling pets at the shelter, while performing my volunteer services in a voluntary capacity, there exists a risk of injury including physical harm. I also fully understand that the pets at the shelter come from unknown backgrounds and their temperament cannot be guaranteed, nor can their health be guaranteed against any disease including rabies. On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives, and executors, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Circle of Friends Animal Shelter, its agents, servants, staff, volunteers, board of directors, officers, and employees from any and all claims, causes of action or demands, of any nature or cause connected with my volunteer agreement. This might include costs and attorney fees and court costs incurred by the shelter in connection with my volunteer services based on damages or injuries which may be incurred or sustained by me in any way. Such damages or injuries might include but are not limited to animal bites, accidents, zoonotic diseases, and personal property damage. I agree to familiarize myself with the shelter’s rules and regulations regarding interaction with pets, people, and the general shelter procedures. I understand that and agree to fully comply with both the letter and the spirit of these rules and regulations.
- I fully understand that the shelter expects high standards of moral and ethical treatment of the pets under its care. I agree to adhere to these same standards.
- I understand and agree that in performance of my duties as a volunteer at the shelter, I must hold in strict confidence any observations I make or hear regarding the clients, client’s families, or staff at the shelter.
- I fully understand and agree that either failure to comply with any of the obligations outlined in this volunteer agreement or for any reason whatsoever, the shelter, at its sole discretion, may immediately terminate my services.
- I understand that public relations are an important part of volunteering at the shelter. I, therefore, agree on behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives, and executors to allow the shelter to use any photographs taken of me for use in public relations efforts.