In applying to be a VCH Vancouver Volunteer, I confirm that:
- I am 19 years of age or older - except for Gift Shop Volunteers who must be at least 16 years of age or older
- I am fully vaccinated and have a BC/Canadian vaccination passport
- I can provide 2 recent references (within the last 6 months) that aren’t family members, service providers or friends
- I am reliable, punctual and able to work independently
- I am willing to Volunteer for a minimum of 6 months
- If I am invited to attend a volunteer interview, I will bring two pieces of identification (one must be government issued ID).
- Ability to convey respect and care to patients, families, residents, and staff
- Willingness to receive and apply constructive feedback
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently within a team
- Proficiency in verbal and written English
- Ability to multi-task
- Willingness to engage in ongoing training for the tenure of your volunteer work
- Willingness to align VCH policies and protocols
- Life experience or education that enhances the knowledge or serves the needs of the community, preferred
Please note: once you apply, we will send you a welcome email. If you can not find your welcome email in your normal inbox, please check your spam or junk mail folder. Our major form of communication with you will always be by email. Please check your email regularly.
We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
We recognize that our places of work and Vancouver Coastal facilities lie on the traditional homelands of the fourteen First Nation communities of Heiltsuk, Kitasoo-Xai'xais, Lil'wat, Musqueam, N'Quatqua, Nuxalk, Samahquam, Sechelt, Skatin, Squamish, Tla'amin, Tsleil-Waututh, Wuikinuxv, and Xa'xtsa.
Vancouver Coastal Health - Privacy and Anti - Spam Disclaimer
- Personal information is collected and used for the purpose of administering VCH volunteer programs.
- VCH is collecting this information under s.26 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Please be aware that any information collected may be stored on servers belonging to Better Impact.
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) requires that no electronic messages with any degree of commercial content can be sent without you first providing your express consent to receive a commercial electronic message (CEM) through an email, phone, instant messaging service etc. The completion of an application with the Vancouver Coastal Health volunteer program indicates informed consent to receiving email messages.
- If you wish to unsubscribe from email messages, you can do so by ending your volunteer relationship.
- For questions regarding the collection of Personal Information and receipt of electronic messages please contact:
VCH Volunteer Resources - Vancouver