Open Door Volunteer Policy
The Open Door exists to serve people at their point of need, cultivating personal growth and community sustainability. We model our faith in Jesus by providing practical solutions, to physical, spiritual, and relational brokenness. To establish the greatest degree of trust, volunteers have a responsibility to provide quality service and to uphold high ethical standards.
As a volunteer with the Open Door Mission, I agree to the following standards of conduct:
- I will treat all guests with courtesy and respect.
- I will safeguard the confidentiality of guest information.
- I will work within the guidelines of the Open Door Mission and not offer additional services to the guests I meet while on duty without permission from the Open Door staff.
- I will not release any personal information to the guests or give them money.
- I will socialize with guests in a trustful and friendly manner.
- I will refer guests to the Open Door staff if there is a need for additional help beyond the Open Door Mission.
- I will exercise reasonable care in the use and protection of equipment and supplies.
- I will not accept payment for any of the volunteer services I provide.
- I will consult Open Door staff if a problem beyond my ability occurs.
- I understand that there may be health and safety risks associated with working at the Open Door
- I will not speak to the press or post anything on social media without permission from the Open Door Program Director
By signing below, the volunteer also is indicating that they agree to abide by and enforce all rules, regulations, guidelines and standards contained within the volunteer handbook.