Dear Zoo Crew Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in Zoo Crew, the Saginaw Children's Zoo teen volunteer program! We are so excited to have teen volunteers in the zoo this summer painting visitors' faces, educating the public about animals, helping out around the grounds, and getting to know more about our animal collections on a daily basis. This program has been around for over 10 years, but we anticipate this will be the best year yet! Please read this page carefully as it contains important information about the program and application process. This application requires some paperwork to be uploaded, but if that doesn't work for you please communicate with us and we can upload the information for you. You can submit your application for review without having all the paperwork turned in at once, though you won't be able to complete orientation until we're sure you've had your shots.
In order to apply for Zoo Crew you must:
- Be between the ages of 13 and 17
Complete this online application no later than May 26th, 2018 including
- Submitting the following application
- Uploading the volunteer release and waiver of liability form
- Two letters of recommendation forms faxed to us or placed in signed sealed envelopes by the writers and sent in.
- Proof of a negative TB test issued in the past 6 months
- Proof of a current tetanus vaccine
- Zoo Crew members are expected to perform 40 hours of volunteering in order to complete the program, but don't worry --- you can do more!
- All Zoo Crew members (including returning Zoo Crew) must attend one of the three orientation meetings with a parent or guardian.
Zoo Crew members should observe the Saginaw Children's Zoo dress, attendance, and behavior protocols.
- Zoo Crew members should supply their own khaki or black pants or long shorts, closed toe shoes, and socks. "Short-shorts" are not permitted. The Saginaw Children's Zoo will provide uniform shirts.
- As part of the Zoo’s effort to go green and conserve paper, most correspondence for the Zoo Crew program will be done electronically through the Better Impact Volunteer Management System which you're currently using.
- Teen volunteers are encouraged to practice responsibility and accountability, and to give their parents a break! As much as possible, we would like to communicate directly with Zoo Crew Members themselves.
By applying to this program, you and your parents indicate your commitment as outlined above. You will be sent an e-mail outlining your application status. Complete applications will be reviewed as they are received. If you have any questions about the program requirements or application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call us at (989) 759-1408. Thank you for reading carefully through the policies. We look forward to seeing you soon!