Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at the Kentucky Science Center! Please read the volunteer agreement below and sign-up to join our volunteer team.
You agree to:
- abide by the policies and procedures of the Kentucky Science Center
- attend scheduled orientation and training sessions, where applicable
- schedule shifts at least one week in advance
- notify the Volunteer Center if unable to volunteer for scheduled shift
- commit to at least 6 hours of service per month for a minimum of 6 months
We agree to:
- Provide you with a choice of assignment, where possible
- Provide you with orientation, training, supervision, and support
- Offer constructive feedback on performance on a regular basis
- Provide a letter of recommendation/verification of hours (when requested) after 20+ hours of service
The skill-sets of the applicant will be compared to those skill-sets needed to fulfill current volunteer positions. Placement will be made based on the recommendation of the volunteer staff and the applicant's prospective supervisor, and the willingness and ability of the applicant to perform the required duties at the times needed by the science center.
I certify that I have answered truthfully and have not knowingly withheld any information relative to my application. I understand that any misrepresentation or material omission of the application will result in my being eliminated from further consideration. I further understand that, if accepted, any misrepresentation on written applications or in interviews that becomes known to KSC may result in immediate dismissal.
I authorize all previous employers and supervisors, including all persons with and for whom I have worked, to give KSC’s representative any relevant information regarding my previous employment and job performance. I release KSC and all previous employers and supervisors from liability for any damages that may result from furnishing information to KSC.
I acknowledge and agree that I offer my services as a volunteer at my own initiative and for humanitarian purposes, without promise, expectation or receipt of pay or future employment.
I understand that I will be required to attend an orientation, and department specific training.
In consideration for value received, receipt being acknowledged, I give the Kentucky Science Center, its agents, customers, and assigns, right an permission to use pictures of me in original, composite, or altered form and reproductions thereof, for advertising and general commercial purposes or any other lawful purpose; and I waive my inspection or approval of such pictures or advertising copy.
I agree to abide by existing and future instruction, rules and policies of KSC. I understand that my position can be terminated at any time, at the option of either KSC or myself.