Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at the Kentucky Science Center! Please read the volunteer agreement below and apply to be a part of our volunteer team.
You agree to:
- Abide by the policies and procedures of the Kentucky Science Center
- Attend training sessions, where applicable
- Notify the volunteer staff if unable to volunteer for scheduled shift
We agree to:
- Provide you with a choice of assignment, where possible
- Provide you with training, supervision, and support
- Offer constructive feedback on performance on a regular basis
- Provide a letter of recommendation/verification of hours (when requested) following the completion of your term of service
At Kentucky Science Center, we believe that everyone deserves the chance to Do Science in an environment that is safe and free from intimidation, hostility, violence, racism, and white supremacist behaviors.
All of our Team Members, volunteers, and guests are equally deserving of kindness and respect, and all will be held to the same high standard of conduct, including participants on our social media channels and attendees of on-site, off-site, or virtual events and classes.
Kentucky Science Center does not tolerate harassment of our Team Members, volunteers, or guests in any form. Examples of harassment include:
- Language, symbols, speech, gestures, or behaviors that harm people of color (including Black, Brown, and Indigenous people), members of the LGBTQ+ community, or any other protected class
- Intimidation or threats
- Inappropriate or unwanted physical contact
- Bullying or stalking
- Other abusive or unruly behaviors
Anyone who fails to comply with these expectations will, at a minimum, have their admission revoked without refund and be asked to leave the premises.
Depending on the severity of the offense, guests may additionally be banned from Kentucky Science Center and members may have their membership revoked.