NHA Volunteer Waiver & Policies
By checking the box below and completing this application, I understand and agree to the following terms:
- I understand that I must be at least 16 years old to Volunteer independently with Nashville Humane Association, hereinafter referred to as NHA, and that if I am under the age of 16 I must Volunteer under the supervision of my Parent or Guardian. I also understand that if I am under the age of 13 I am not permitted to Volunteer with NHA.
- I understand that becoming a NHA Volunteer is a commitment of both time and responsibility and I agree to regularly Volunteer my time to NHA to the best of my ability.
- I authorize NHA to seek emergency medical treatment in the case of an accident, injury, or illness. I have provided the name and phone number of the individual who should be contacted in case of an emergency.
- I agree to receive email communications from the NHA Volunteer Coordinator and understand that this is the primary form of contact that will be used for my Volunteer service.
- I agree to abide by the policies and procedures presented to me in orientation and training and provided within the NHA Volunteer Handbook. I agree to handle all animals with the required level of care and to abide by directions given to me by NHA staff. I understand that if I am found to have broken any NHA policies or procedures, handled an animal in a harmful or abusive manner, or refused to adhere to directions from NHA Staff, I may be asked to resign as a NHA Volunteer.
- I agree to treat other Volunteers, NHA Staff, the public, and the animals at NHA with respect and kindness. If I am found to be treating others with disrespect or exhibiting other negative behaviors, I understand that I may be asked to resign as a NHA Volunteer.
- I agree to direct my ideas, constructive comments, suggestions, and criticisms to the NHA Volunteer Coordinator or another member of NHA Management if directed to do so by the Volunteer Coordinator.
- I agree to keep any financial information I receive about NHA accounts or other sensitive or private information completely confidential.
- I agree that any confidentiality requirements in this agreement will carry on indefinitely beyond my time spent associated with NHA.
- Should a media representative visit the shelter or another NHA event, I will refer them to a member of NHA Management for any answers to questions or comments rather than providing either myself.
- I allow NHA to use my name and photograph for media content that is created to promote and further NHA’s mission. I also understand and agree that any photographs I take of NHA animals, Staff, Volunteers, patrons, or other NHA related items or events that I share with an NHA Staff Member or the public is permitted to be further used or shared by NHA.
- If communication issues or any other problems develop between NHA Staff or other Volunteers and myself, I will report these to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- I have been advised and I understand that if I am injured while volunteering at NHA, I am not covered by the Tennessee Worker’s Compensation Law.
- I understand that I am not an employee of NHA and I agree not to hold the entity, its employees, and/or its directors responsible or liable for any injury or illness incurred or occurring while I am a Volunteer at NHA.
- If I am the Parent or Guardian of a Volunteer who is under the age of 16, I understand that I am responsible for the actions and the safety of the minor who is in my care while volunteering with NHA. I agree to accompany the child at all times and oversee their actions while volunteering. I agree to not hold NHA, its employees, and/or its directors responsible or liable for any injury or illness that may occur while volunteering at NHA.