NHA Volunteer Waiver & Agreement
By signing this waiver, I understand and agree to the following terms:
- I understand that I must be at least 16 years old to Volunteer independently with Nashville Humane Association, hereinafter referred to as NHA, and that if I am under the age of 16 I must Volunteer under the supervision of my Parent or Guardian. I also understand that if I am under the age of 13 I am not permitted to Volunteer with NHA.
- I understand that becoming a NHA Volunteer is a commitment of both time and responsibility and I agree to regularly Volunteer my time to NHA to the best of my ability.
- I authorize NHA to seek emergency medical treatment in the case of an accident, injury, or illness. I have provided the name and phone number of the individual who should be contacted in case of an emergency.
- I agree to receive email communications from the NHA Volunteer Coordinator and understand that this is the primary form of contact that will be used for my Volunteer service.
- I agree to abide by the policies and procedures presented to me in orientation and training and provided within the NHA Volunteer Handbook. I agree to handle all animals with the required level of care and to abide by directions given to me by NHA staff. I understand that if I am found to have broken any NHA policies or procedures, handled an animal in a harmful or abusive manner, or refused to adhere to directions from NHA Staff, I may be asked to resign as a NHA Volunteer.
- I agree to treat other Volunteers, NHA Staff, the public, and the animals at NHA with respect and kindness. If I am found to be treating others with disrespect or exhibiting other negative behaviors, I understand that I may be asked to resign as a NHA Volunteer.
- I agree to direct my ideas, constructive comments, suggestions, and criticisms to the NHA Volunteer Coordinator or another member of NHA Management if directed to do so by the Volunteer Coordinator.
- I agree to keep any financial information I receive about NHA accounts or other sensitive or private information completely confidential.
- I agree that any confidentiality requirements in this agreement will carry on indefinitely beyond my time spent associated with NHA.
- Should a media representative visit the shelter or another NHA event, I will refer them to a member of NHA Management for any answers to questions or comments rather than providing either myself.
- I allow NHA to use my name and photograph for media content that is created to promote and further NHA’s mission. I also understand and agree that any photographs I take of NHA animals, Staff, Volunteers, patrons, or other NHA related items or events that I share with an NHA Staff Member or the public is permitted to be further used or shared by NHA.
- If communication issues or any other problems develop between NHA Staff or other Volunteers and myself, I will report these to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- I have been advised and I understand that if I am injured while volunteering at NHA, I am not covered by the Tennessee Worker’s Compensation Law.
- I understand that I am not an employee of NHA and I agree not to hold the entity, its employees, and/or its directors responsible or liable for any injury or illness incurred or occurring while I am a Volunteer at NHA.
- If I am the Parent or Guardian of a Volunteer who is under the age of 16, I understand that I am responsible for the actions and the safety of the minor who is in my care while volunteering with NHA. I agree to accompany the child at all times and oversee their actions while volunteering. I agree to not hold NHA, its employees, and/or its directors responsible or liable for any injury or illness that may occur while volunteering at NHA.
I understand that, by checking the acceptance box below, I am effectively signing this waiver and agreement.
If you are under the age of 18, please have your Parent or Legal Guardian confirm that they are completing this waiver on your behalf and acknowledging and accepting its terms by having them check the box below.