Welcome to the Winter Shelter Toowoomba Volunteer Application Login
Thank you for considering volunteering for the Winter Shelter Toowoomba project in 2023. There are many ways in which you can serve.
Serving the most vulnerable in our community is a privilege and it is important that all Volunteers adhere to a code of conduct that provides a safe and respectful environment.
Before starting the application process please read the Volunteer Agreement and Use of Personal Information details below. If you agree with these please tick the box and log into the application form.
We want this to be a positive experience for you as well as for the guests. Please read the following and tick the box below to indicate your agreement to these guidelines:
- I will read and comply with the Winter Shelter policies and procedures.
- I will hold in confidence the personal stories which are shared with me by guests, unless I believe that there is an issue of personal safety, or the safety of other guests or volunteers is at risk. In this instance, I will report the issue to the shift leader. I will not share personal information or photographs of guests or volunteers on social media.
- I will respect the privacy of guests’ personal information contained in their Guest Agreement and kept on file. I will not share this information with any other party.
- I will treat everyone without judgement, with dignity, respect and care.
- I recognise the vulnerability of guests and will respect their personal space.
- I will arrive on time for my rostered shift and will notify the Venue Coordinator if I am unable to do so. I will give as much notice as possible if I am unable to work my shift, so that a replacement can be found.
- I will register my attendance on shift in the Shelter Log on arrival.
- I will take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of myself, guests and volunteers at the Shelter.
- I will not be alone with a guest.
- I will carry out the duties assigned to me as a volunteer to the best of my ability.
- I will not share my personal contact details (phone, email, home address etc) with a guest.
- I will not lend or give money to guests.
- I accept that the security of personal possessions brought into the shelter are my own responsibility (valuables should be left at home).
Use of Personal Information
I hereby authorize Lifeline Darling Downs & South West QLD Ltd to have my personal information for the purpose of volunteer insurance, safety, information passage and statistical information.
NOTE: Please use your first and last name as your Username. If these are taken please add WST after your name.