In the Lead Volunteer Coach Eligibility Requirements and Committment
Volunteers play an important role at Calgary Youth Justice Society through their gifts of time, energy and talent.
So thank you for your interest in being an In the Lead Coach.
To be an In the Lead Coach you must meet the following requirements and commit to the following:
- Be 25 years or older
- Complete a Police Check including Vulnerable Sector Search
- Attend all mandatory volunteer training sessions and program events. When we receive your application, we will send you a calendar of key dates.
- Be available for the duration of the program to regularly connect with your Young Leader and participate in group leadership and volunteer opportunities
- Have a working cellphone with text capabilities
- Sign and adhere to the Coach Letter of Understanding (LOU) including confidentiality policy (see LOU here) *to be signed upon being accepted and completing training*
Any individual with the following is not eligible to volunteer:
- Criminal justice involvement (charges, convictions, incarceration) within the past 5 years
- Investigated and/or charged or convicted of child abuse or any other offence involving children, youth or vulnerable persons
- In patient treatment for mental health or substance use within the past 2 years
- Used illegal drugs within the past 2 years
If you have any questions about the eligibility or commitment requirements, please contact Yasmeen Nosshi, Volunteer and Community Engagement Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.