AgHS Foster Info
Thank you for your interest in helping pets in need! The information below answers some of our most commonly asked questions. If you have any other questions before submitting your application, please contact our Foster Coordinator at email@example.com.
- What are my responsibilities as a foster?
- Fosters will care for their pet daily with supplies provided by AgHS. You will also provide updates on new things you learn about the pet that will help them to be adopted (personality, quirks, etc.) and potentially complete an adoption with their new forever family.
- Can I foster if I already own pets or rent my home?
- In most cases, yes! As long as you are able to have pets live on your property, we can typically find a suitable foster match for you!
- Do I have to provide food or medical care for my foster?
- We provide all the supplies and resources you need to foster, including medical care. (medical care is for foster pets only and does not extend to owned pets). You provide the space and the love and we provide the rest!
- Can I choose which pet I foster?
- We have a wide variety of pets needing foster homes. We will use the information on your application to match you with pets needing homes and then set up a meet and greet to find the best fit. If you have a preference, let us know, but we cannot also accommodate your request.
- Can I adopt my foster pet?
- Although this is not a foster-to-adopt program, we do have some fosters who decide their pet has accidentally found their forever home. If this happens, you can apply to adopt your foster pet but are not given preference over other adopters who may have already applied.