Teen Volunteer Program Policies
We're excited that you are interested in joining our Teen Volunteer Program!
Applicants must be 14-18 years of age to apply.
Once our team receives your application, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
Teen Volunteer Service Agreement
I agree to:
- Volunteer for at least 20 hours during the summer program; and 40 hours throughout the year if volunteering during the school year. If I do not honor my commitment, the Volunteer Services team will inactivate my status and I must reapply to be a VNA Hospice volunteer.
- Arrive on time to meetings, events, and volunteer assignments
- Respond in a timely manner to phone calls/emails/texts from the Volunteer Services Team
- If I find it necessary to bring my cell phone into the building, I agree to keep it on silent mode. I understand that this is not an appropriate time to use my phone for social calls.
- Follow through on commitments made to the program
- Give advance notice if resigning from the program
I acknowledge that there is a minimal risk of personal injury and that VNA of the Treasure Coast will take reasonable and customary precautions to ensure my safety.
In return for my volunteer work, the staff of VNA of the Treasure Coast will provide me with a safe environment in which to volunteer, training, on-going support and letters of service completed (if requested). Specifically, I will receive supervision, encouragement and recognition from the Volunteer Services Team and other agency associates.
Parental/Legal Guardian Consent
This consent form is provided to the parent(s)/guardian(s) of teen volunteers under the age of 18. As the parent(s)/guardian(s) you play an important role in your child’s experience as a VNA Hospice volunteer. This form is intended to inform you of VNA policies and procedures. Please read this with your child.
- All patient information as required by federal privacy laws is to be kept confidential. Your child will sign a confidentiality statement and will be given education on the importance of patient and family confidentiality.
- VNA Hospice of Indian River County may contact your child’s high school counselor or teacher for personal reference purposes only.
- All teen volunteers will be responsible for reporting their volunteer time and activities through our online volunteer management software.
- If working at VNA Hidden Treasures Vero/Sebastian, teen volunteers will be given on-the-job training and will report directly to the manager of the store in which they are working.
- Teen Volunteers working in the Hospice House will attend a short orientation to the Hospice House and role-specific training.
- A background screening is required for some volunteer positions. Teen volunteers working with patients are required to complete a federal background screening with fingerprints.