PuSh Volunteer Policy and Agreement
The PuSh International Performing Arts Festival Society agrees to:
- Protect volunteer personal information in accordance with British Columbia’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy and the Personal Information Protection Acts
- Treat volunteers respectfully
- Provide adequate training and information prior to a volunteer’s first shift
- Provide a complete schedule of volunteer requirements prior to the start of the Festival (some consideration will be given to requests from volunteers to work specific shows/venues although this is not always possible)
- Provide one (1) complimentary ticket for each 3-hour shift of work completed (more details under ‘Perks’)
The Volunteer agrees to:
- Submit in full and prior to the advertised deadline, a completed volunteer application form
- Complete a detailed availability form to allow the Volunteer Coordinator to schedule appropriate shifts during the Festival
- Treat the PuSh Festival Society staff, board, fellow volunteers, and attendees respectfully
- Act as an ambassador for the Festival to the public using the information provided by the Festival
- Commit to a minimum of 10 hours OR complete, in full, a minimum of three volunteer shifts over the course of the Festival. General orientation and up to a maximum of two Accessibility training sessions will go towards this total.
- Display the identification provided by the Festival (t-shirt and lanyard with name badge) for the duration of each active shift.
- A volunteer will normally be a person aged 16 years or older. Special consideration may be given to younger volunteers.
- The Festival reserves the right to dismiss volunteers from duty without notice when a volunteer’s behaviour is in direct contravention with any of the clauses above.
- Volunteers have the right to remove themselves from duty, and lodge an official complaint with Festival management, when Festival staff, volunteers, or artists’ behaviour is in direct contravention with any of the clauses above.
- Volunteers, by virtue of their contribution to the PuSh International Performing Arts Festival Society, are entitled to a membership to the Society in exchange for the work that they do. Please note on the volunteer application form if you would like to be counted as a member of the Society and receive benefits, including invitations to special PuSh events, yearly newsletters and early access to PuSh pass purchasing!
- A PuSh Festival t-shirt
- An invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party (mid-February)
- A volunteer name badge that will give exclusive privileges to eligible shows or events (subject to availability)
- Each volunteer who commits to a three-hour shift will receive one (1) free pre-booked admission to an eligible performance (subject to availability). Volunteers need to commit to at least three shifts. Please note that training and orientation hours will not be eligible for ticket requests. All volunteers working Front of House shifts will have a pre-booked seat to see the show worked, therefore that show acts as the complimentary show they are entitled to. Volunteers must request complimentary show tickets 72 hours prior to the show time/date on the basis that there is no guaranteed access to the show.