PuSh Volunteer Policy and Agreement
***Deadline for PuSh 2022 applications: Sun. Dec. 12, 2021 (11:59pm)***
The PuSh International Performing Arts Festival Society agrees to:
- Protect volunteer personal information in accordance with British Columbia’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy and the Personal Information Protection Acts
- Treat volunteers respectfully
- Provide adequate training and information prior to a volunteer’s first shift
- Provide a complete schedule of volunteer requirements prior to the start of the Festival (some consideration will be given to requests from volunteers to work specific shows/venues although this is not always possible)
- Provide one (1) complimentary ticket for each 3-hour shifts of work completed (more details under ‘Perks’)
The Volunteer agrees to:
- Submit in full and prior to the advertised deadline, a completed volunteer application form
- Complete a detailed availability form to allow the Volunteer Coordinator to schedule appropriate shifts during the Festival
- Treat the PuSh Festival Society staff, board, fellow volunteers, and attendees respectfully
- Act as an ambassador for the Festival to the public using the information provided by the Festival
- Commit to a minimum of four four-hour shifts over the course of the Festival (some consideration will be given to requests from volunteers to work specific shows/venues although this is not always possible).
- Complete, in full, a minimum of three shifts over the course of the Festival.
- Display the identification provided by the Festival (t-shirt and lanyard with name badge) for the duration of each active shift.
- A volunteer will normally be a person aged 16 years or older. Special consideration may be given to younger volunteers.
- The Festival reserves the right to dismiss volunteers from duty without notice when a volunteer’s behaviour is in direct contravention with any of the clauses above.
- Volunteers have the right to remove themselves from duty, and lodge an official complaint with Festival management, when Festival staff, volunteers, or artists’ behaviour is in direct contravention with any of the clauses above.
- Volunteers, by virtue of their contribution to the PuSh International Performing Arts Festival Society, are entitled to a membership to the Society in exchange for the work that they do. Please note on the volunteer application form if you would like to be counted as a member of the Society and receive benefits, including invitations to special PuSh events, yearly newsletters and early access to PuSh pass purchasing!
- A PuSh Festival t-shirt
- An invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party
- A volunteer name badge that will give exclusive privileges to eligible shows or events (subject to availability)
Each volunteer who commits to a three-hour shift will receive one (1) free pre- booked admission to an eligible performance (subject to availability). Volunteers need to commit to at least three shifts. Unfortunately, we cannot ensure entry into the PuSh Volunteer program if a volunteer is unable to commit to a minimum of three three-hour shifts. All volunteers working Front of House shifts will have a pre- booked seat to see the show worked, therefore that show acts as the complimentary show you’re entitled to.
For non-Front of House volunteer shifts, you will receive a show voucher (one show voucher for every three-hour shift worked) that can be redeemed for a booking to an eligible PuSh show during the Festival (subject to availability). Requests to redeem show vouchers must be received by email to the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of 72 hours before the show date/time on the understanding that there is no guarantee of access to the show.