Thank you for choosing to volunteer at the New Room
Before applying to become a New Room volunteer, we ask that you read our volunteer agreement. This agreement tells you what you can expect from us, and what we hope from you. If you are happy to commit to it, tick the box below before continuing with your application.
The New Room commits to:
- Providing an induction to the work of the New Room and to your role.
- Providing ongoing training for all volunteers to assist you in meeting the responsibilities of your volunteering role.
- Providing regular meetings with a main point of contact so that you can check understanding about your role, get feedback from us and pass on any feedback gathered through your volunteering.
- Respect your skills, dignity, and individual wishes and to do our best to meet them.
- Ensure all volunteers are treated in accordance with our equal opportunities policy.
- Reimburse your travel expenses up to our current maximum, where agreed.
- Provide a safe work environment.
- Provide adequate training in health and safety.
- Apply our complaints procedure, endeavouring to resolve in a fair and just manner any problems, grievances or difficulties which may be encountered while you volunteer with us.
As a volunteer, you commit to:
- Help the New Room fulfill our mission statement.
- Perform your volunteering role reliably and to the best of your ability, under the guidance of the staff team.
- Attend induction and training sessions where required.
- Give as much warning as possible whenever you cannot volunteer when expected.
- Treat all other volunteers, staff, and members of the public with respect.
- Adhere to the New Room’s policies, procedures, and standards, including health and safety, equal opportunities, safeguarding and confidentiality.