It is the policy of World Meeting of Families 2018 (WMOF2018) that a volunteer must:
- Be a resident of the island of Ireland at the time of application.
- Be over 18 years of age as of 1st January 2018; or between the ages of 16 & 18 if volunteering in a group with ratio of at least one adult to ten young people. (There is no upper age limit.)
- Be sensitive and respectful of our Catholic ethos.
- Be fluent in English – all training and management instructions will be in English.
- Be aware that WMOF2018 is unable to provide accommodation for volunteers and is not in a position to reimburse travel costs to events or training.
- We will supply you with a volunteer uniform that you may keep as a souvenir.
- You will be given a lunch pack during your volunteering shifts.
- Must apply for Garda vetting as part of the application process in line with the procedure laid down.
- Be available to volunteer for a minimum of two (2) consecutive days between 18th and 29th August 2018 but ideally 4 or more days. (Shifts will last up to 8 hours and you will be given adequate rest time).
- Be available for mandatory training sessions. Currently the training sessions will be on Saturdays and will last 3 to 5 hours. They will cover Induction, Job and Venue Specific Training. Advance notice will be given of dates where possible.
- Provide the names and telephone number for two referees in a position to give a character reference. These referees could be an employer, family friend, Parish Priest, landlord etc.
- Provide the name and telephone number for a Next of Kin in the event of any emergency arising when the volunteer is on duty with WMOF2018.
- Please note our registration is handled online. If you don’t have access to email or a computer, please ask family members or friends for access to their computer and for assistance with the volunteer application process. Alternatively, you can access a computer and support in your local citizens information office or local library.
- Be aware that being a volunteer does not mean you will get to participate in the WMOF2018 programme for days you are not scheduled to volunteer. You can register separately for attendance through the programme. By volunteering you understand that these historic events will be televised in August 2018 you may be filmed or recorded while working as a result.