Policies & Procedures
As a Cape May MAC Volunteer, you agree to:
- Fulfill the volunteer assignment description as written for the tour or event.
- Meet all time and task commitments and provide sufficient notice when not available.
- Arrive at your assignment ahead of the tour/event start time.
- Communicate via email, when possible, as you accept or decline participation in volunteer opportunities.
- Treat all visitors, volunteers and staff with respect and courtesy at all times.
- Follow instructions given by Cape May MAC staff or volunteers in leadership roles.
- Communicate with the Volunteer Program Manager about any changes, issues or ideas, suggestions and/or challenges immediately as they arise.
- Wear your Cape May MAC name badge at events where you are serving as a volunteer.
- Dress and be groomed in a neat and professional manner appropriate for the tour or event where you will participate as a volunteer. For Cape May MAC outdoor festivals, wear the Cape May MAC Volunteer T-shirt. Please refrain from clothing with other logos.
- Leave personal opinions and biases out of conversations with visitors and guests.