Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Birth and Postnatal Doula training course
- This course is open to anyone who would like to become a birth and postnatal doula. Fee-paying places are available, and we have scholarships available for bicultural women experiencing financial disadvantage.
- You must be passionate about supporting pregnant women and new parents.
- We offer scholarships for bicultural women who are competent in English and another community language (Arabic, Oromo, Urdu, Farsi, Burmese and Vietnamese are desirable).
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless medically exempt.
- You must live in Greater Melbourne, Geelong or Ballarat, and be able to travel to central Melbourne to attend some classes and training days.
- Have (or be willing to complete) a Police Check and Working with Children Check.
- You must be willing to commit to full attendance and participation throughout the course and the learning process.
- You will need to have the flexibility in your life to be on call for women in labour while completing the course, and as required as a Volunteer Doula for Birth for Humankind.