Code of Ethics
When accepted as a City of Surrey volunteer, I agree to adhere to this Code of Ethics at all times during my service:
I pledge to:
- Abide by all written policies, procedures and guidelines provided to me relevant to my volunteer work;
- Accept orientation and training in order to provide quality service, and not use contacts made at the City for business or personal gain;
- Accept supervision in the performance of my duties and not represent myself as an agent of the City or comment to the media or press unless approved by my supervisor;
- Be on time for my volunteer shift, and provide my supervisor with as much notice as possible if I am unable to attend an assigned shift;
- Perform all assigned tasks to the best of my ability, not reporting to work while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Treat with courtesy each individual with whom I come into contact and behave in keeping with the City's Respectful Workplace Policy and Human Rights Policy;
- Obey all laws and regulations, including traffic laws, while volunteering for the City; and
- Bring my best skills and abilities to my volunteer work and promote the City of Surrey.
- I acknowledge and confirm that as a volunteer I may acquire information from the City and/or other parties, about certain City matters which are of a confidential nature and that this information is the exclusive property of the City and is only to be used for the benefit of the City. I also acknowledge that in some circumstances I may be given access to the personal information of others and that the disclosure of this information is not permitted.
- I affirm that the information referred to above could be used to the detriment of the City and its volunteer activities and will treat as confidential all information, contacts and resources which I acquire as a volunteer. I agree not to disclose this information to any third party either during the term I am volunteering for the City or at any time after my term ends unless required by law to do so.
- I agree that any knowledge gained as a result of my position will remain in strictest confidence.
- I agree to exercise due care to ensure that any information I may give to others in the course of my duties as a volunteer or otherwise is information that is required to be given and is given to a party entitled to receive the information.
- I agree I will not discuss the details of my volunteer work with any representatives of the media or publicize any of the confidential aspects of my work verbally or in writing or by any other medium of communication.
- I confirm that I have read the above statements and agree with them and I will therefore adhere to all confidential requirements contained in this agreement during my term as a City of Surrey volunteer.
Appearance Release Form
When accepted as a City of Surrey volunteer, and without further consideration from the City of Surrey, its employees, or representatives, I hereby grant permission to the City of Surrey, to utilize my likeness and biographical material about me in connection with the program for publication in brochures, websites and other promotional materials created by or on behalf of the City of Surrey. The purpose of the promotional materials is to promote the diverse businesses, residents and cultural aspects of the City of Surrey. I agree that the recording may be used in conjunction with any other material, as the City of Surrey may in its sole discretion determine.
Please contact the photographer on-site if you object to being included in any recording or photograph. For questions related to the Appearance Release, contact the Community Services Coordinator.
Personal Information is collected for the purposes of processing and managing your Volunteer Application, promoting volunteer services in City publications, websites, and social media channels, and connecting you with opportunities within the City. The City of Surrey is collecting this information under s.26 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. For questions regarding the collection of personal information, please contact the Community Services Coordinator, 13450 104th Avenue, 604-598-5863, email@example.com.