Vision, Mission, Values & Code of Conduct
A community where every older person is honoured and valued.
Code of Conduct for Staff & Volunteers
• Act with respect for people's rights to freedom of expression, self-determination and decision-making in accordance with applicable laws and conventions;
• Act in a way that treats people with dignity and respect, and values their diversity;
• Act with respect for the privacy of people
• Provide care, supports and services in a safe and competent manner, with care and skill
• Act with integrity, honesty and transparency
• Promptly take steps to raise and act on concerns about matters that may impact the quality and safety of care, supports and services
• Provide care, supports and services free from:
- all forms of violence, discrimination, exploitation, neglect and abuse;
- sexual misconduct
• Take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to:
- all forms of violence, discrimination, exploitation, neglect and abuse; and
- sexual misconduct
As a volunteer of Amana Living, I am committed to upholding the Vision, Mission, Values, and the Code of Conduct in all my activities as a volunteer. I promise to work within the parameters of Amana Living policies and procedures with diligence, honesty, compassion, and respect to provide a safe and fair environment for our residents and clients, their families, our staff and other volunteers, visiting practitioners, contractors and the community. I will always endeavour to conduct myself and carry out my work so that those receiving or providing services are not harmed or discriminated against in any way. I understand and agree that I will always keep confidential any information obtained through my role as a volunteer for Amana Living and that I will not directly or indirectly disclose information to any person at any time without the written permission of Amana Living. In the event that I become aware of any event or circumstances, medical condition or impairment, or am otherwise sick or injured in a way that will impact on my ability to safely perform this role, I will review my participation with the Service Manager, Site Volunteer Champion or Volunteer Services.