Mission, Values, Philosophy of Care & Code of Conduct
Philosophy of Care
At Amana Living, we strive to enrich the mind, body and spirit of those we care for by:
- Adopting a person-centred approach which incorporates Amana Living’s 3Rs;
- Generating a sense of passion and energy about people living their life to the full;
- Supporting residents/clients, their families and representatives to exercise informed choice about the care services they receive and be inclusive of those parties they wish to include;
- Creating opportunities for people to stay connected with past friendships and to develop new ones;
- Providing support to maintain relationships (including intimate);
- Appropriately supporting residents/clients with diverse needs;
- Supporting residents’/clients’ diverse needs through the provision of care and services that are responsive, culturally safe, and encourages personal identity and inclusiveness;
- Providing safe and effective services and support for daily living that meets the emotional, spiritual and psychological wellbeing of our residents and clients;
- Providing effective personal and clinical care that is best practice, tailored to the needs of individual residents and clients, and optimising health and holistic wellbeing;
- Creating opportunities to improve and restore physical abilities and mental agility so that people can keep fit, active, involved and independent wherever possible;
- Treating our residents, clients and representatives with dignity and respect while maintaining their privacy;
- Encouraging feedback to improve our care and services;
- Supporting people to explore and develop their spirituality.
Code of Conduct for Staff & Volunteers
As an employee or volunteer worker of Amana Living I am committed to the Mission, Values, Philosophy of Care and Culture of the organisation. I therefore promise to work within these declarations as well as Amana Living policies and procedures with diligence, honesty, compassion and respect to provide a safe and fair environment for our residents and clients, their families, our staff and volunteers, visiting practitioners, contractors and the community.
I will endeavour at all times, to conduct myself and carry out my work so that those receiving or providing services are not harmed or discriminated against.
I understand and agree that I will at all times keep confidential any information obtained through my role as a volunteer for Amana Living and that I will not directly or indirectly disclose information to any person at any time without the written permission of Amana Living.
In the event that I become aware of any event or circumstances, medical condition or impairment, or am otherwise sick or injured in a way that will impact on my ability to safely perform this role, I will review my participation with the Service Manager, Site Volunteer Champion or Volunteer Services.
I confirm that I have read, accept and agree to abide by Amana Living's Mission, Values, Philosophy of Care and Code of Conduct for Staff & Volunteers. Please confirm this Declaration by ticking the box below.