Required for participation in Rutgers Master Gardener Program of Ocean County
I wish to apply to transfer into the Rutgers Master Gardener (RMG) Program of Ocean County from another RMG program or from another state's Master Gardener Program.
I understand that to be considered for the RMG program of Ocean County, I am required to:
- Be over eighteen (18) years of age.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from previous Master Gardener Program Coordinator, including cumulative hours, years of service and date of leaving previous program.
- Take training classes specific to the RMG of OC program, such as but not limited to: Helpline, Tick ID, Plant Diagnostics.
- Complete yearly volunteer requirements needed to maintain my certification (Annual service hour requirements are: 25 volunteer hours and 10 education hours.)
- Record my completed volunteer and education hours on a website based management system by the end of December of each year to stay certified.
- Please click here to read the Rutgers Master Gardener Volunteer Agreement