Thank you for your dedication and gift of time to the New Hampshire SPCA (NHSPCA). In an average year, our volunteers provide over 60,000 hours of donated time on an annual basis. We could not fulfill our mission without each and every volunteer, and we are truly grateful.
Please take a few moments to complete the online version of our application form. Your assistance will allow us to deploy Better Impact more completely and correctly. By doing so we can best use this new software for shift scheduling and logging hours and you, as volunteers, will be able to update your information and have immediate access to your own volunteer hours.
Please review the Volunteer Agreement below. You will need to agree to it before completing your sign up.
In consideration of the mutual promises and covenants herein contained, the parties hereby agree as follows:
- The Volunteer agrees to review and abide by all the New Hampshire SPCA (NHSPCA) policies and procedures, including those outlined in the Volunteer Program Manual and the Volunteer Safety Manual.
- The Volunteer agrees to participate in and satisfactorily complete the NHSPCA training program if requested by the NHSPCA Volunteer Coordinator or Coordinator’s designee.
- The volunteer agrees to be supervised by the Volunteer Coordinator or the Coordinator’s designee.
- If an accident or injury occurs while the Volunteer is fulfilling their responsibilities, the Volunteer must notify a staff person immediately and the NHSPCA is authorized to seek emergency medical treatment on the Volunteer's behalf. Volunteers may receive coverage of medical expenses and Workmen’s Compensation but are not covered under the NHSPCA’s life, accident, and disability insurance.
- The Volunteer does not have, nor shall they hold themselves out as having any right, power, or authority to create any contract or obligation, either express or implied, on behalf of, in the name of, or binding upon the NHSPCA.
- The Volunteer agrees to hold the NHSPCA harmless from any and all claims, damages, and causes of action, including attorney’s fees arising from services rendered by the Volunteer.
- The Volunteer agrees to keep confidential all information acquired in the course of the voluntary services rendered both during the time the Volunteer is a volunteer at the NHSPCA and thereafter.
- The Volunteer agrees to be photographed or included on video that the NHSPCA, at its discretion, may use for promotion, marketing, or fundraising purposes.
- The Volunteer understands that they may at any time, with or without cause, be removed from the position as a Volunteer at the sole discretion of the NHSPCA.
By submitting this application, I understand that the information that I have provided may be verified, by contacting persons or organizations named in this application, or by contacting any person or organization that may have information concerning me. I affirm that the information I give on this form is true and correct. I understand that if any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations are discovered, my application may be rejected, and my active volunteer status may be terminated at any time. In consideration of my volunteer application, I agree to adhere to the policies and regulations of the NHSPCA, and I agree that my volunteer status can be terminated, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time by the NHSPCA.