Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer for the New Hampshire SPCA. Filling out this application is the first step in joining a great community that comes together to provide care and support for animals in need. Our volunteers provide over 60,000 hours of donated time on an annual basis. We could not fulfill our mission without each and every one, and we are truly grateful.
In consideration of the mutual promises and covenants herein contained, the parties hereby agree as follows:
- The Volunteer agrees to review and abide by all the NHSPCA policies and procedures, including those outlined in the Volunteer Program Manual and the Volunteer Safety Manual.
- The Volunteer agrees to participate in and satisfactorily complete an NHSPCA training program if requested by the NHSPCA Volunteer Coordinator or Coordinator’s designee.
- The volunteer agrees to be supervised by the Volunteer Coordinator or the Coordinator’s designee.
- If an accident or injury occurs while the Volunteer is fulfilling their responsibilities, the NHSPCA is authorized to seek emergency medical treatment on the Volunteer's behalf. Volunteers may receive coverage of medical expenses and Workmen’s Compensation but are not covered under the NHSPCA’s life, accident, and disability insurance.
- The Volunteer does not have, nor shall they hold themselves out as having any right, power, or authority to create any contract or obligation, either express or implied, on behalf of, in the name of, or binding upon the NHSPCA.
- The Volunteer agrees to hold the NHSPCA harmless from any and all claims, damages, and causes of action, including attorney’s fees arising from services rendered by the Volunteer.
- The Volunteer agrees to keep confidential all information acquired in the course of the voluntary services rendered both during the time Volunteer is a Volunteer at the NHSPCA and thereafter.
- The Volunteer agrees that they may be included in photographs or video and those images may be used by the NHSPCA for promotion, marketing or fundraising.
- The Volunteer understands that they may at any time, with or without cause, be removed from the position as a Volunteer at the sole discretion of the NHSPCA.
By submitting this application, I understand that the information that I have provided may be verified, by contacting persons or organizations named in this application, or by contacting any person or organization that may have information concerning me. I affirm that the information I give on this form is true and correct. I understand that if any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations are discovered, my application may be rejected, and my active volunteer status may be terminated at any time. In consideration of my volunteer application, I agree to adhere to the policies and regulations of the NHSPCA, and I agree that my volunteer status can be terminated, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time by the NHSPCA.