Volunteering at Senior Services - Group Volunteer Application
Senior Services provides support and care to vulnerable populations in our community and we take the protection of that community seriously.
The activities and responsibilities shall include, but not limited to:
- SSSEVA’s responsibilities to the volunteer group include:
- Orientation to the organization including a Volunteer Handbook
- Training and support for the volunteer services of the Group’s chosen program provided by the supervisors
- Opportunities to serve seniors in a variety of services throughout the year either in ongoing programs or special events
- Presidential Service Award and other appreciation including recognition letters of volunteer service based on Group’s contributions
- SSSEVA will frequently recognize partnerships online through social media, press releases, printed materials, and other avenues of appreciation
- Volunteer Group responsibilities for volunteer service include:
- Maintain an up to date group profile within the Better Impact system throughout the group's partnership with Senior Services
- For groups involved in events or programs that handle client data such as names, addresses, and phone numbers must maintain current screenings of members within group who participate in the volunteer service including a background check, sex offender check, confirmation that volunteers have a valid VA drivers’ license or military ID and valid driver's license.
- Ensure that members of the group understand and comply with current HIPAA laws when handling client data or sensitive information relating to the services
- Groups are invited, not required, to publicly announce and promote the partnership via online social media, print, word of mouth, and other avenues available to them
A Volunteer Handbook is available online and by request.