Signed Commitment Agreement
If accepted as a Memorial Hermann Volunteer, I agree that:
- I shall hold as absolutely confidential all information that I may obtain directly or indirectly concerning patients, doctors or personnel, and not seek to obtain confidential information from a patient.
- My services are donated to Memorial Hermann without contemplation of compensation or future employment.
I understand that a TB PPD test is required prior to volunteering in any Memorial Hermann facility and must also be completed on an annual basis. I understand that I must adhere to the Memorial Hermann Flu Campaign guidelines while volunteering at any Memorial Hermann facility as well.
I understand that I am to wear an authorized Memorial Hermann volunteer uniform and name badge, closed toe shoes and socks while volunteering. No blue jeans or denim of any color, or shorts are allowed.
I shall not solicit any business for outside organizations, including attorneys or insurance companies, either on or off hospital property.
I shall report all known occurrences of solicitation for attorneys to the Director of Volunteer Services.
I understand that solicitation for charity, distribution of literature or distribution for sale of any type of goods, raffle tickets or the like, on Memorial Hermann owned or leased property will be prohibited at any time unless it is sponsored by the System.
8. I will not seek from Doctors or Nurses professional advice for myself or my family while on duty. The privilege of being a volunteer does "not" include medical service.
9. I shall be punctual and conscientious, conduct myself with dignity, courtesy and consideration of others, and endeavor to make my work professional in quality.
10. Should I have any problems related to my volunteer activities, I will contact the Director of Volunteer Services.
11. I shall make my best effort to fulfill my commitment to the hospital by completing all assignments that I accept.
12. I shall at all times uphold the Philosophy and Mission, and Behavioral Expectations of Memorial Hermann Health System.
13. I understand that the Volunteer Services Department reserves the right to dismiss my volunteer status as a result of: (a) failure to comply with hospital policies, rules and regulations; (b) failure to meet attendance commitment; (c) unsatisfactory attitude, work or appearance; or (d) any other circumstances which, in the judgment of the department director, would make my continued service as a volunteer contrary to the best interests of the hospital.