I understand that completing this application may immediately qualify me to volunteer at one or more of the PLUS programs of Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee. For Home-delivered Meals or other client-facing volunteer opportunities, I understand that, for the protection of clients, additional information will be required, and a routine background check of my name may be made through law enforcement, license bureaus, agency files, and references I've provided. I understand that a criminal offense will not automatically exclude me from all volunteer positions. However, certain convictions will exclude me from volunteering in certain positions. I understand the information on this application will be held confidential by Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee.
- School and court-ordered Community Service hours may be available. We do not accommodate volunteers with charges related to theft or violence.
- Drinking of alcohol or use of drugs is not permitted on property. Individuals may not volunteer if they are under the influence.
- If you are not able to volunteer for your shift, contact us immediately.
- Volunteers may not eat food donated to The Food Bank of Manatee. If your volunteer shift is longer than 4 hours, consider packing a meal. Refrigeration is available. Water and coffee are provided. We recommend you bring a resealable container for beverages.
- Warehouse volunteers must wear closed toe shoes such as sneakers or work boots. No flip flops or sandals are permitted.
- Dress appropriately: Easy-moving, comfortable fabrics. Please, no low-cut tops/halters or short shorts.
- You will be asked to sign in and out daily. Failure to do so will result in loss of reportable hours.