In consideration for this opportunity to volunteer for Take Me Home Pet Rescue (TMHPR), I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I will abide by the mission, rules, regulations, and policies of TMHPR while I am a volunteer (will be provided at orientation).
- I agree to volunteer a minimum of 2-6 hours per month for TMHPR.
- I agree to be supervised by an TMHPR Manager or designee and will work as a team member with all volunteers.
- I will treat all animals, other volunteers, TMHPR staff, and the general public with dignity and respect.
- While handling or fostering animals in TMHPR's care, I agree to become a designated caretaker for those animals.
- If I will be sheltering or providing foster care or boarding for any of the TMHPR animals in my home, I consent to an TMHPR representative visiting my home from time to time to observe the animals and their living quarters.
- I will accurately and truthfully complete this Volunteer Application and Agreement.
- I understand that TMHPR volunteers must be at least 16 years of age. Volunteers aged 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. If I am currently 16-17 years old, my parent or guardian must also complete this online application and attend volunteer orientation.
- I will attend volunteer orientation prior to volunteering. I understand that:
- I will need to purchase a TMHPR volunteer t-shirt.
- orientation sessions are scheduled 1-2 months in advance;
- seating is limited and I need to be checked in by the time orientation begins;
- any felony within the past five (5) years;
- an offense against the person (Tex. Penal Code Title 5) or an out-of-state equivalent at any time;
- an offense against the family (Tex. Penal Code Title 6) or an out-of-state equivalent at any time;
- cruelty to animals (Tex. Penal Code Sections 42.09, 42.091, 42.092, 42.10, 42.105) or an out-of-state equivalent at any time;
- robbery (Tex. Penal Code Chapter 29) or an out-of-state equivalent within the past five (5) years;
- burglary (Tex. Penal Code Chapter 30) or an out-of-state equivalent within the past five (5) years;
- theft (Tex. Penal Code Chapter 31) or an out-of-state equivalent within the past five (5) years;
- fraud (Tex. Penal Code Chapters 32, 35, 35A) or an out-of-state equivalent within the past five (5) years; or
- money laundering (Tex. Penal Code Chapter 34) or an out-of-state equivalent within the past five (5) years.
Volunteer Release & Waiver
I understand and agree that as a volunteer for Take Me Home Pet Rescue (herein after referred to as "TMHPR"), I assume all risks of loss or injury, including death to myself or damage to my property while on the property of TMHPR and elsewhere, while participating in the volunteer program.
I understand and agree that all services performed by me will be performed on a strictly voluntary basis, and that I will receive no remuneration, pay or compensation of any kind.
I understand and agree that I will not be an employee of TMHPR and will not receive any benefits normally available to employees of TMHPR. I understand and agree that TMHPR shall incur no liability of any nature as result of my volunteering for TMHPR.
I understand that in handling animals and performing other volunteer tasks there is a risk of injury, including physical harm or death, and that all services performed by me will be done at my own risk. I understand TMHPR strongly recommends that I keep current my tetanus immunization. I further understand that TMHPR recommends that any dogs and cats that I live with should be immunized by my veterinarian, if not already done so.
Therefore, on behalf of myself, my heirs and personal representatives, I hereby release, discharge and indemnify and hold harmless TMHPR and its assigns, successors, agents, staff, officers, board of directors, employees, contractors and representatives from any and all claims, causes of action or demands of any nature of cause whatsoever, including costs and legal fees arising out of, or relating to, my volunteering with TMHPR, including, but not limited to, animal bites, disease, accidents, property damage, or injuries.