Bendigo Foodshare Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Bendigo Foodshare (BFS) simply could not provide its services to the community without the great work of so many individual volunteers. We could not be successful without your efforts. At the outset of your journey with BFS, we recognise and appreciate the hours you are devoting to your community.
This Code of Conduct applies to all volunteers and employees, and extends to BFS suppliers. It is the responsibility of each of us to ensure that all people we work with are treated with the utmost courtesy and respect at all times.
My Commitment to the Code of Conduct:
- In line with the values of Bendigo Foodshare, I will:
- Treat everyone with respect, courtesy, and sensitivity, considering people’s individual experiences and views.
- Strive to build a harmonious workplace by working cooperatively with my colleagues.
- Be committed to providing high quality service.
- Act with honesty and integrity and make decisions that are fair and equitable.
- Apply my skills, knowledge and experience to the best of my ability, with due diligence and care.
- Accept directions from BFS supervisors and seek guidance if I am uncertain what is required of me for a given task.
- Work together with BFS to help us achieve our vision and mission.
- Sign in and sign out every time I perform volunteer duties for accurate record-keeping of volunteer hours and for health and safety purposes.
- Provide adequate notice when I am not able to volunteer on a rostered day.
- Direct all media enquiries to the Community Engagement Manager or CEO
- Be accountable for my own actions.
- Always wear a high-visibility vest when I am working on a BFS site or in a BFS van.
- Constantly focus on Occupational Health and Safety and immediately advise a shift coordinator, manager or Occupational Health & Safety representative if a hazard is identified.
- Never consume alcohol or use drugs whilst at work and only smoke cigarettes and e-cigarettes in the outside designated area. Volunteers and staff must be unimpaired by alcohol, medication or other drugs during work hours.
- Treat all information I might receive as a volunteer with BFS as confidential.
- Abide by Bendigo Foodshare's Child Safety policy.
I understand that it is a condition of my employment/volunteering that I will agree to undertake a Police Check, and in certain roles, undertake a Working with Children Check.
The Board and Management have a strong commitment to the values of Bendigo Foodshare and take this Code of Conduct seriously.
I understand that if I do not adhere to the Code of Conduct, then I may not be able to volunteer or work at BFS.