This sets out what you can expect as a volunteer at Seaton Jurassic, and what will be expected of you. Devon Wildlife Services (DWS) is the trading name of Seaton Jurassic.
As a volunteer you can expect from DWS:
- Information about current roles and opportunities for volunteering
- A clear brief about what you will be doing and what will be expected of you, the length of an activity or shift, and how often and which days we are seeking volunteer support
- Training and/or supporting information for each role or task
- Regular and constructive support and feedback on your voluntary work and the opportunity to discuss your ideas
- The opportunity to discuss any adjustments needed to enable you to volunteer
- Any changes to the role or task description to be negotiated
- Timely information about what is going on at Seaton Jurassic and any changes which might affect you
- Reimbursement of travel and other expenses (if they are agreed in advance)
- Health and safety guidance plus safety clothing and equipment as appropriate to the role
- Cover under DWS’s Employer’s Liability Insurance
- Equality of volunteering opportunities
- Respect for giving DWS your time and skills
- Thanks for your time and effort.
As a volunteer DWS will expect you to:
- Carry out tasks reliably at the times agreed, as detailed on the relevant role or task description, or as agreed with your supervisor
- Ask for advice or support if needed, or for any adjustments needed to enable you to volunteer
- Understand that roles and tasks may need to change in response to customer or operational needs, and may come to an end
- Inform your supervisor if you cannot carry out the agreed task or come in at the agreed times
- Act within DWS’s Health & Safety guidelines and DWT’s Equal Opportunities Policy
- Provide good customer service equally to all customers, and always respecting diversity
- Take good care of DWS’s resources and equipment
- Claim expenses promptly (if agreed in advance with your supervisor), with receipts
- Record your volunteered time on the Better Impact portal (at home or at Seaton Jurassic)
- Observe confidentiality in respect of the business, and for example any personal details (complying at all times with confidentiality guidelines and data legislation as briefed)
- Support the aims and objectives of DWS and act in its best interest, as an ambassador for wildlife and the natural environment
- Ensure you do not present your personal views as those of DWS or of Devon Wildlife Trust.
This agreement will in no way create a legally binding contract or employment relationship between the volunteer and DWS.