The Corporation of the City of Brampton offers a variety of volunteering opportunities for residents who want to volunteer their time in the community. The City wants those volunteering to experience all that volunteering offers and is committed to ensuring that these opportunities are experienced safely and comfortably, recognizing that participation in any activity entails risk.
As a volunteer, I understand I will occupy a volunteer position and perform the duties assigned to me.
· I realize that participation in this activity brings the possibility of injury and I accept this risk and agree that my participation and use of any equipment is at my own discretion or judgment, based on my own experience, training and competence level.
· I understand that I will not receive any remuneration or gratuity of any kind for work performed, nor will I be entitled to any benefits normally provided by the City to its employees.
· I understand that I will not be covered by the City’s Workplace Safety Insurance Board benefits, and am responsible for my own health insurance.
· I understand there may be photos taken, without my knowledge, during the time I am volunteering and I agree that the City of Brampton may use these photos in future publications.
· I understand there may be times when I will be required to attend events off City property. In some cases I may be required to take transportation from a recreation centre to an event. As a minor, my parents are informed of this possibility and is in agreement that I may attend these events (usually associated with camp events).
In the event you are under the age of 18, you will have to have this waiver signed by your self and your parent.
Corporation of the City of Brampton, its elected officials, officers, agents, employees, volunteers and any other person for whom it is in law responsible, from and against any and all claims and proceedings in respect to any injury to myself or damage to my property arising from my provision of these services.