- Age: Must be 18 years or older and out of High School.
- Time Commitment: Adult volunteers must commit to a minimum requirement of 100 hours and consecutively attend a 4+ hour shift at least one day per week. Attendance is crucial to the success of our program. If at the moment your availability is undecided or consistently changing we recommend you apply until you can fully commit to a consistent schedule.
- Documentation: A valid Social Security number and copy of immunization record must be provided when completing application.
- Interview: Once application has been submitted please contact our Volunteer Services team to schedule an Interview. This will be an informal interview were we wish to get to know you and explain in detail how our volunteer program works. Department availability will also be discussed then.
- Background check: A background check will be provided by our hospital and must be cleared before acceptance into the program.
- Screenings: Once accepted into the program, volunteers must complete a two-step TB skin test & drug screening. This must be done at our Employee Health clinic and will be at no cost to you. If TB test was done elsewhere please bring documentation with you to clinic.
- Orientation: Before department placement, volunteers must attend a general volunteer orientation.
- Fees: $10 fee must be provided to cover uniform and ID badge provided. This fee will be reimbursed once uniform and ID badge are returned at the end of the volunteer commitment.
**NOTE: It will take two to three weeks before volunteers are fully processed and ready to start in their assigned department.
Please DO NOT complete a volunteer application if:
- You need practicum/internship/shadowing or college requirement hours. Instead, please contact the Education Department at 956-362-3231.
- If you are in need of completing court-ordered community service hours. DHR Health does not participate in the completion of court-ordered community service hours.
- If you are seeking employment. Instead, please contact our Human Resources office at 956-362-3200. Volunteer experience will not lead directly to an offer of employment. We discourage individuals from applying to volunteer if the main objective is employment.