Thank you for your interest in volunteering with DHR Health. Please note, at this time we only have the following locations available for volunteer placement:
- ECISD School Based Clinic (1601 E. Sprague St., Edinburg, TX)
- RMF Revenue Cycle* (3201 N. McColl Rd., McAllen, TX)
- Hospice (patient home visits)* (Various Locations)
By completing our application today, you are agreeing to placement in one of the areas listed above.
Age: Must be 18 years or older and out of High School.
Time Commitment: Adult volunteers must commit to a minimum requirement of 100 hours and consecutively attend a 4+ hour shift at least one day per week.
Documentation: A valid Social Security number and copy of immunization record must be provided when completing application.
Interview: Once application has been submitted please contact our Volunteer Services team to schedule an Interview.
Background check: A background check will be provided by our hospital and must be cleared before acceptance into the program.
Health Screenings: Once accepted into the program, volunteers must complete a two-step TB skin test & drug screening. This must be done at our Employee Health clinic and will be at no cost to you.
Orientation: Before department placement volunteers must attend a general volunteer orientation.
Fees: $10 fee must be provided to cover uniform and ID badge provided. This fee will be reimbursed once uniform and ID badge are returned at the end of the volunteer commitment.
***NOTE: It may take up to two or three weeks before volunteers are fully processed and ready to start in their assigned department.
Please do not complete a volunteer application if:
- You need practicum/internship/shadowing or college requirement hours. Instead, please contact the Education Department at 956-362-3231.
- If you are in need of completing court-ordered community service hours. DHR Health does not participate in the completion of court-ordered community service hours.
- If you are seeking employment. Instead, please contact our Human Resources office at 956-362-3200. Volunteer experience will not lead directly to an offer of employment. We discourage individuals from applying to volunteer if the main objective is employment.