Volunteer Policy and Confidentiality Agreement
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for JFS.
Volunteering at Jewish Family Services requires a screening process. By checking the box below your email address, you accept the confidentiality agreement below and agree to meet with us so we can best determine your interests and make the best possible match for your volunteer interests.
Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement
- Purpose. All information concerning clients and former clients of Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley (JFS) is confidential. “Confidential” means that you are free to talk about JFS and about your program and your position, but you are not permitted to disclose clients’ names or personal information in ways that will make their identity known. No information may be released without appropriate authorization from the client and your supervisor.
- Confidential Information. Confidential client information should never be discussed in the presence of third parties, except under the Terms outlined below. Any files and/or documents containing confidential information should never be shared or released to third parties, except under the Terms outlined below. Confidential information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Identifying information about the client, including name, address or phone number;
- Information relating to the client’s family;
- Information regarding the client's health and mental health status.
- Information regarding the client’s immigration status;
- Information about the client's personal experiences; or
- Any other information that would identify the client or potentially place the client and/or family members at risk
- III. Terms. By signing this Confidentiality Agreement, you agree to the highest ethical standards and to abide by the following provisions:
- 1. All communications between Agency staff, volunteers, and clients are confidential.
- 2. The staff or volunteer shall not disclose confidential information to a third party without the client’s express consent to release such information.
- 3. The staff or volunteer shall not disclose confidential information to a third party without JFS’s knowledge and consent.
- 4. I understand that as a volunteer, I have a duty to keep client information confidential throughout my term as a volunteer, as well as after my volunteer status ends
- 5. I understand that my failure to abide by the terms of this Confidentiality Agreement may result in the termination of my participation as a volunteer at JFS.